There are but a few things in life that are utterly satisfying, and a good night’s sleep is one of those things. However, for some of us, getting enough of it is such a hard goal to accomplish, mostly because of our beds. If you have heard or read about memory foam mattress, you may wonder if it could possibly improve your sleep quality. While some individuals swear by it, other memory foam mattress users are less enthusiastic.
If you are contemplating whether or not to purchase memory foam, here are some information that might be able to help you decide.
What is Memory Foam?
Memory foam is originally designed for NASA aircraft seats. It is created from a substance called viscoelastic, which is soft and highly energy absorbent. Because it responds to pressure and heat, memory foam conforms to the shape of its user’s body, distributing weight evenly.
Before it made its way to the mattress industry, memory foam has several other applications aside from airplane seat cushions. For instance, it was used as seating pads for severely disabled people. It was also used as cushioning in shoes and helmets. Today, memory foam is well known for its utilization in mattresses, pillows, and mattress pads.
Are There Any Cons?
Just like any other product, memory foam mattress do have its disadvantages.
* It has a period of off gassing that lasts for days.
* The prices of memory foam mattresses are usually higher than other mattress types.
* Memory foam has heat issues. Because the materials react to heat, memory foam mattresses are typically warmer to sleep in. You may want to add breathable mattress covers or pads to solve this dilemma.
* If the temperature is colder, it may feel firmer and is slower to return to its original shape.
What Are Its Benefits?
A memory foam mattress has a combination of viscosity and elasticity, two qualities that set it apart from other types of mattress. This combination of unique qualities leads to a number of advantages.
* It molds and contours to the body. With the temperature-reactive sensing material, a memory foam mattress is able to respond to each curve or bend of the body, providing good weight and back support.
* It can last for a long time. Since memory foam was originally engineered to take pressure during space launches, it is naturally designed to be durable to last for years on end.
* It is flexible. Mattresses are sensitive and gets easily damaged when transferred from one place to another. But not most memory foam mattresses. Unlike other types, certain memory foam beds could actually be scrunched into a small space and it would not even get damaged.
* It offers fewer pressure points. Memory foam helps maintain proper blood flow and minimize pressure points on the entire body, contributing to an all-around good night of undisturbed sleep.
Looking for the best memory foam mattress? At Mattress Direct Warehouse, we offer cost-effective and high quality mattresses of any type. Head to our store today!